A total of 91,610 candidates, who registered for computer-based test in the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, will this Saturday, May 18, sit for their examination at designated centres nationwide.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has also finally released the results of candidates initially withheld over the issue of non-biometric verification.
Registrar and Chief Executiveof the JAMB, Professor ‘Dibu Ojerinde, while announcing the release of the results of the paper-pencil test and dual-based test conducted about two weeks ago across the country and two foreign centres, said over 80, 419 results of the candidates were withheld.
Ojerinde had noted that out of this figure, results of 68,309 candidates from various centres were undergoing further screening to ascertain their culpability, while results of 12,110 candidates had been withheld for possible disciplinary action.
However, the Nigerian Tribune gathered that the results of candidates withheld for the purpose of lack of biometric verification have been released.
Some of the candidates, whocould not be verified on the day of the examination werelisted by the invigilators in the affected examination centres, with such list sent tothe JAMB headquarters, Abuja, for scrutiny.
Nigerian Tribune also gathered that some other results of candidates withheld for further screening as a result of alleged examination malpractices, have been released. However, other serious cases are still pending, as the Board said the exercise was a continuous process until finaldecision was taken on them.
Meanwhile, Ojerinde, had disclosed that the rescheduled computer-basedtest will hold from May 18 till June 1. He advised candidates to reprint their e-Registration slips afresh tofurther ascertain their CBT centres.
Source: Nigeria Tribune