Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the 2014/2015 Part-time Undergraduate Programmes of the School of Continuing Education, University of Uyo, Uyo.
PART-TIME UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Dept. of Agric. Econs & Extension
B. Agric. Agricultural Economics and Extension
- FACULTY OF ARTS:
- Dept of Comm. Arts
B. A Comm. Arts
- Dept. of English
- Dept of History & Int. Studies
B.A His.& Int. Studies
- Dept of Philosophy
3. FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
- Dept. of Accounting
- Sc. Accounting.
- Dept. of Business Management
B.Sc. Business Management
- Dept. of Banking & Finance
- Sc. Baking & Finance
- Dept. of Marketing
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Dept. of Curriculum Studies Educational Management & Planning
B. A. (Ed) English
- Dept. of Educational Foundations, Guidance & Counseling
- B. Ed Social Studies
- B. Ed Guidance & Counseling
- B. Sc. (Ed) Political Science
- Physical & Health Education
B.Sc.(Ed) Health Education
- Dept. of Early Childhood & Special Education
B. Ed Pre-Primary & Primary Education
v. Dept. of Educational Technology & Library Science
Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Dept. of Economics
- Dept. of Pol. Sc. and Public Admin.
B.Sc. Political Science/Public Administration
- Dept. of Sociology & Anthropology
(a) B. Sc Sociology & Anthropology.
- Candidates should possess (WASC/NECO/GCE) or their equivalent with credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings, including English Language and other specific Departmental and Faculty requirements as specified in the JAMB brochure.
- Candidates are expected to score a minimum of 180 and above in the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates are also expected to pass the University of Uyo Post-UTME Screening Test in Use of English Language, and three relevant subjects.
- All candidates applying for admission into any of the Undergraduate Programmes must possess the academic qualifications as specified by the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board for subject of choice.
- Undergraduate programmes run for five (5) years for UTME candidates and four (4) years for Direct Entry candidates, except in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension which runs for six (6) years for
UTME and five (5) years for Direct Entry candidates, respectively.
DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
- For Direct Entry admission, candidates are expected to possess at least two (2) A/Level papers, NCE, Ordinary National Diploma or equivalent University Diploma (at acceptable levels) in related areas plus (WASC/NECO/GCE) or their equivalent at not more than two sittings, with credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, and other specific departmental requirements.
- Candidates must attach the photocopies of their UTME Direct Entry SLIPS.
- Candidates are expected to pass the University of Uyo qualifying Screening Test in the Use of English and three other relevant subjects.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR
- Please note that all candidates with SSC examination results obtained before 2010 must present their Certificates. Statement of results for earlier years will not be accepted.
- Candidates must ensure that they had registered with JAMB. Candidates whose names are not found in the 2014/2015 UTME and Direct Entry Printout will NOT be allowed into the screening halls.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
(a) Interested candidates will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of N500 (Five hundred Naira) only for pin code and N7,000.00 (Seven thousand Naira) only as administrative charge, and obtain a Computer-based Transaction Receipt and PIN Code in any branch of the following banks:
- UNIUYO Microfinance Bank
- Key Stone Bank (former Bank PHB) iii. United Bank for Africa Plc
(b) With the PIN Code, candidates should access and complete the University of Uyo, 2014 Form online at uniuyo.edu.ng from the Students E-Portal Solution Menu applying the following steps:
- Click on School of Continuing Education Portal Link
- From the Quick Links/Account Login Menu bar
- Select the type of programme (Part-time Undergraduate or Part-time Direct Entry) from the programme panel.
- Enter the Registration Number and Transaction PIN obtained from the Bank.
- Check on either Post UTME (SCE) or Direct Entry (SCE)
- Fill the admission form and upload a recent passport size photograph (scanned) with red background;
- Print out the Part-time Undergraduate or Direct Entry schedule slip.
Note: (i) The same passport used for the online registration will be used during the screening and registration after offer of admission.
(ii) No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank picture will be entertained after submission.
(iii) Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data will be automatically disqualified.
Closing date for registration is Sunday 28th September , 2014 and screening date is Friday October 3, 2014.