Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a one-year Pre-Degree Programme in the underlisted Faculties in the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2015/2016 academic year. The available programmes are:
|A.||Faculty of Agriculture||C.||Faculty of Education|
|(a)||Agricultural Economics & Extension||(a)||Agricultural Education|
|(b)||Animal Science||(b)||Biology Education|
|(c)||Crop Science||(c)||Computer Science Education|
|(d)||Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management||(d)||Chemistry Education|
|(e)||Forestry and Wildlife||(e)||Health Education|
|(f)||Food Science and Technology||(f)||Home Economics Education|
|(g)||Human Ecology, Nutrition and Dietetics||(g)||Integrated Science Education|
|(h)||Soil Science & Land Resources Management||(h)||Library Science|
|B.||Faculty of Science||(j)||Pre-Primary/Primary Education|
|(a)||Botany and Ecological Studies||(k)||Physical Education|
|(c)||Computer Science||(m)||Technical Education|
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must possess credit in at least five (5) “O” level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for Agricultural Science Education and Agriculture candidates only), at not more than two sittings in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTECH).
- Candidates must have taken the 2015 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and must have had a total score, not less than 150 (one hundred and fifty) in the relevant UTME subject combination.
- Candidates seeking admission into programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture should possess at least five (5) “O” Level Credit passes in NECO, WASC/GCE including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science Education, Mathematics, English Language and any one of Economics, Geography or Physics. A Credit Pass in Physics is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into Human Ecology, Nutrition and Dietetics or Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management. For other programmes, at least a Pass in Physics is acceptable.
- Candidates for admission into Agricultural Science Education must possess five (5) “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics and any other subject.
- Candidates for admission into Home Economics Education should possess five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Home Economics and Biology.
- MAJOR COURSE REQUIREMENT
All successful candidates will be required to register for and take the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into programmes of their choices from the list provided in A to C above.
- METHOD OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N500.00 (five hundred naira) and in addition pay the sum of N10,000.00 (ten thousand naira) only, as administrative charge at any branch of the following banks nationwide and obtain a PIN Transaction Receipt which should contain a PIN code.
- UNIUYO Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Sky Bank Plc
- Wema Bank Plc
- First Bank Plc
Note: The same PIN Code will be used to access the result of the Screening Test from the internet. Candidates must provide their names and JAMB registration numbers to the Bank during payment.
With the PIN Code, candidates should access and complete the University of Uyo 2015 Pre-Degree Screening Exercise Form online at http://www.uniuyo.edu.ng
From the E-portal solutions navigation menu applying the following steps:
- Click the Pre-Degree e-portal link.
- From the quick links/Account login menu bar.
- Select Pre-Degree Account login link.
- Login with your UTME registration Number and PIN Code.
- Fill the Pre-Degree form and upload a recent passport size photograph (scanned), with red background. Webcam photograph will not be accepted.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
Note: (i) The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the Screening Exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates are required to come for the Screening Exercise with the following items:
- Four (4) copies of the University of Uyo 2015 ON-LINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size photograph printed in colour.
Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
- 2015 JAMB (UTME) result printout.
- Four (4) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the on-line registration) with the name, UTME registration number, with signature of the candidate on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in quarto-size envelope and labeled with name, department and JAMB registration number.
- HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
No GSM handsets, calculators four-figure tables or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the screening halls.
Closing Date for registration: September 2, 2015 Date for screening exercise: September 10, 2015
Venue for screening exercise: CBN Auditorium, University of Uyo (Town Campus) University of Uyo Time: 8.00 am
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…