Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a non-residential, one-year Basic Studies programme of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2015/2016 academic year.
The Basic Studies programme is designed to prepare students for the examinations conducted by the consortium of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB). Holders of the JUPEB certificate would subsequently be admitted into the 200 level of the degree offered by the University of Uyo through Direct Entry JAMB in the courses listed below:
|A.||Faculty of Agriculture||(xi)||Mathematics Education|
|(i)||Agric. Econs & Extension||(xii)||Pre-primary/Primary Education|
|(ii)||Animal Science||(xiii)||Physics Education|
|(iii)||Crop Science||(xiv)||Physical Education|
|(iv)||Fisheries & Aquatic Environmental Management||(xv)||Technical Education|
|(v)||Forestry & Wildlife||(xvi)||Vocational Education|
- Food Science & Tech.
- Human Ecology, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Soil Science & Land Resources Management
|B.||Faculty of Arts||G.||Faculty of Engineering|
|(i)||Communication Arts||(iii)||Computer Engineering|
|(iii)||Foreign Language (French)||(v)||Food Engineering|
|(iv)||History & International Studies||(vi)||Mechanical Engineering|
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
|(i)||Anatomy||H.||Faculty of Environmental Studies|
|D.||Faculty of Business Administration||(v)||Geoinformatics & Surveying|
|(i)||Accounting||(vii)||Urban & Regional Planning|
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
(iv) Insurance I. Faculty of Law
|K.||Faculty of Pharmacy|
|E.||Faculty of Clinical Sciences||L.||Faculty of Science|
|(i)||Medicine and Surgery||(ii)||Microbiology|
|F.||Faculty of Education||M.||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|(ii)||Biology Education||(ii)||Geography & Regional Planning|
|(iii)||Chemistry Education||(iii)||Political Science/Public Administration|
- Geography Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Health Education
- Home Economics Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Library Science
Candidates are required to have a minimum of five (5) credits in English Language, Mathematics, and any three (3) relevant subjects obtained at not more than two (2) sittings at the SSCE/WASCE, GCE O/L/NECO and NABTECH Admission into the programme is usually through a university screening test. At the end of the programme, successful candidates of the JUPEB examination will be admitted into 200 levels in various degree courses in the University of Uyo provided they satisfy the admission criteria for such courses.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N500.00 (five hundred naira) and in addition pay the sum of N15,000.00 (fifteen thousand naira) only, as administrative charges at any branch of the following banks nationwide and obtain a PIN Transaction Receipt which should contain a PIN code.
- UNIUYO Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Skye Bank Plc
- Wema Bank Plc
- First Bank Plc
Note: The same PIN Code will be used to access the result of the Screening Test from the internet. Candidates must provide their names and JAMB registration numbers to the Bank during payment.
With the PIN Code, candidates should access and complete the University of Uyo 2015 Basic Studies Screening Exercise Form online at http://www.uniuyo.edu.ng
From the E-portal solutions navigation menu applying the following steps:
- Click the 2015 Basic Studies e-portal link.
- From the quick links/Account login menu bar.
- Select Pre-Degree Account login link.
- Login with your UTME registration Number and PIN Code.
- Fill the 2015 Basic Studies form and upload a recent passport size photograph (scanned), with red background. Webcam photograph will not be accepted.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip.
Note: (i) The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the Screening Exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
Candidates are required to come for the Screening Exercise with the following items:
- Four (4) copies of the University of Uyo 2015 ON-LINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size photograph printed in colour.
Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
- Four (4) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the on-line registration) with the name, UTME registration number, with signature of the candidate on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in quarto-size envelope and labeled with name, department and JAMB registration number.
- HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
No GSM handsets, calculators four-figure tables or any other extraneous materials should be brought into the screening halls.
Closing Date for registration: September 2, 2015 Date for screening exercise: September 10, 2015
Venue for screening exercise: CBN Auditorium, University of Uyo (Town Campus) University of Uyo Time: 8.00 am
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…