Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Post-Graduate Diploma, Master of Science Degree and Ph.D Degree in the Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt for 2013/2014 session.
1. Major Objectives of the Programmes CELTRAS has the following objectives:
· To encourage the study of the science and art of logistics and transportation.
· To provide an educational programme through research and examinations leading to postgraduate degrees in logistics and transport.
· To provide an opportunity for in-service training for staff of logistics and transport sector through research.
· To provide students with solid intellectual, theoretical, methodological foundations and skills to work competently in varied logistics and transport planning and management positions in the public and private sectors.
2. Academic Programmes of the Centre
· Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Logistics and Transport Management
· M.Sc. Logistics and Transportation Management
· Ph.D Logistics and Transport Management
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Logisticsand Transport Management.
· First Degree from the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University.
· Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent (with at least an Upper Credit);
· Holders of a recognized professional qualification in Logistics /Transportation e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT);
Institute of Transport Engineers (ITE); Institute of Transport Administration (IOTA), etc with at least 5 years working experience in a transport or related organization.
Master of Science (M.Sc) Logistics and Transport Management
· Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics, or Transport Management from a recognized University with minimum CGPA of 3.50
· First Degree (not lower than Second Class Lower) in Transport, Logistics or related disciplines e.g. Town Planning; Economics; Geography, Civil Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, etc with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)Logistics and Transport Management An M.Sc Degree in Logistics, Transport or Logistics and Transport Management and a minimum CGPA of 3.50
4. Duration of the Programmes
The Programme shall be on Full/Part Time basis.
· The PGD is a full-time Programme and shall run for one full academic session.
· The full-time M.Sc. shall run for 3 semesters while part-time shall run for not less than 5 semesters (weekends only).
· The full-time Ph.D programme shall run for 36 calendar months while part-time shall run for not less than 60 calendar months (weekends only).
The Programme has flexible schedules and modules for working students. This helps to minimize the impact on students’ work schedules. Best of all, students receive personal attention from outstanding, professionally and active faculty in a small class environment.
5.Method of Application
Application is online. Log on to www.uniport.edu.ng and follow the instructions. Payment of a non-refundable Fee of twenty thousand, five hundred naira (N20,500.00) should be made to UBA Plc A/C No.1004970025; Sort Code: 033211112, (Narration of Transaction: candidate’s name, in favour of Celtras, Uniport.) or proceed with the print out from the bank after payment and obtain application form from the office of the Director, Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East-West Road, Port Harcourt.
6. Deadline for Submission of Completed Application Forms
Completed Application Forms, academic transcripts, three reference letters and other relevant documents must be returned to the Director, Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt not later than 30th November 2013.
For more information about the Programme, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +2348033381826, +23408189987550
MATILDA NNODIM (MRS)
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…