This article was sent to schoolwatch.com.ng by Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu, Unizik facebook page editor
Dear applicants and freshers,
We have seen your various comments and posts on the page concerning some text messages alerting you on your admissions into some institutions. Some of these messages also alleged that you have been admitted into E-learning programme by some institutions. Some of you already admitted into UNIZIK have been asking whether you can accept your admissions into those institutions specified by the text messages and still retain your admissions into Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka. To make things clearer, we have decided to address those issues. Kindly take note of the following:
1. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) does not use SMS platform to inform candidates about their successful admissions into institutions of higher learning. The only official avenue programmed by Jamb for such is the board’s website. All Jamb Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) admissions are notified via the board’s website www.jamb.org.ng and not text messages.
2. If you applied for any institution, always check for your admission status on the institution’s website and don’t wait for SMS alert over that.
3. The only establishment legally empowered to offer candidates admissions into institutions they did not prefer during their UTME or DE registrations is JAMB. JAMB can offer you admission to various institutions outside your choice in order to fill the vacant admission spaces of those institutions but the board can ONLY notify you on such development when you check your admission status on JAMB website and NEVER via a text message.
4. No institution can offer admission to candidates that didn’t apply to study there. Any text message, email or phone call notifying you of your admission into any institution you didn’t apply for is a scam. Even if you applied for such institution, endeavor to confirm any information about the institution’s admissions at their admissions office within the institution or their official website.
5. Receiving such texts or allowing yourself to be duped by those scammers CANNOT terminate your admission into UNIZIK but be wise.
6. In 2010, the editor Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu received that kind of SMS from a scammer that claimed to be an admission agent of Madonna University Okija. The SMS even had ‘Madonna University’ as the sender and requested that he should call a certain number to claim the admission offer. When he dialed the number, he was told to bring N250,000 at the gate of the university and call same number immediately he reach there to collect his admission letter. According to the scammer, “he did not want the editor to enter the admission office because ‘super powers’ will be jealous of his admission and will buy it off”. *Note that the editor never applied for Madonna University in his 2010 UTME and he never applied for the institution via it’s website*. He called the number back and told the scammer to come up near the Central Police Station Nnewi to collect the money because he was so busy that he can’t go to Okija at that time. The editor also promised the scammer that he will pay for his transportation and refreshment but the scammer replied “Bad belle fuck you” and switched off the line.
Finally, do not allow your desperation to deceive you. Be wise! Scammers are everywhere.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below….