This is to inform the general public that the sale of application forms for the 2014/2015 session into the Kaduna State University College of Basic and Remedial Studies for Kaduna and Kafanchan campuses has commenced.
Application and Admission Requirements
All prospective candidates must be INDIGENES of Any State.
Basic Studies Programme:
1.Candidates for this programme must posses not less than 5 O’Level credits which must include English Language and Mathematics.
The other 3credits for the SCIENCE programme should be in the following subjects:
Geography, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. For the HUMANITIES programme, the other 3 credits should be in Economics, Government/History, Literature in English, Biology and Geography.
2.The 5 credits above must be obtained in not more than 2 sittings..
3.Candidates are expected to register for the2015/2016Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with relevant subject combination and must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government.
4. All candidates in the Basic Studies program that have successfully satisfied the conditions mentioned in (1-3 above) will not require to write the Post UTME of Kaduna State University.
Remedial Studies Programme:
1.Candidates for the SCIENCE programme must posses a minimum of 3 O’Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects:
English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography.
2. Candidates for the HUMANITIES programme must posses a minimum of 3 O’Level credits in not more than 1 sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government, History, Literature in English, Biology and Geography.
3. Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies Programme are expected to register and pass the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
4. Candidates will not be allowed to register for subjects that have not been attempted at O’Levels.
5. Remedial students that sits for the2015/2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government will write the Post UTME of Kaduna State University .
Sale of Scratch Cards
This will commence on Thursday 21st August 2014.
Eligible candidates are expected to purchase a scratch card of N3,700.00(Three thousand seven hundered Naira only) from either of the following:
1. In Kaduna Town: Scratch cards can be obtained at Diamond Bank, Ahmadu Bello Way (Opposite NNDC Building) Kaduna.
2. In Kafachan: Scratch cards can be obtained at Diamond Bank.
3. In Zaria: Scratch cards can be obtained at Diamond Bank, Sabon Gari, Zaria.
4. Payment for the form should be made to:
Account Name: College of Basic Studies
Account Number: 0026281011
Method of Registration
*.Prospective candidates MUST purchase a scratch card and use it complete the online application form.
*.After purchase of scratch card, click on the APPLY NOW button below; and enter your PIN Number as shown on the scratch card.
*.All candidates are requested to complete all fields marked asterisk (*) on the application form.
*.Your o’level results subjects must be entered. If you are awaiting for your O’Level results, indicate by typing AR against the subjects.
*.Once the form is completed, click on the CONTINUE button to upload a scanned COLOUR passport photograph with WHITE or RED background in JPEG format which should not exceed 10KB in size.
*.On uploading the passport, a candidate is expected to first to click on theUPLOAD PASSPORT button to preview the passport and then click on the PRINT FORM button to view/print his/her application.
*.Make sure you fill all fields correctly as No complaint of wrong or blank picture or wrong information or results entered will be entertained after submission.
*.Candidates offered provisional admission will be required to produce the original copies of all certificates at the point of registration.
*.The University’s College of Basic Studies is not bound to give reasons for its rejection of any application and will not enter into any correspondance on the subject.
*.Candidates are required to presentbank tellersas well as PIN slip at the registration point.
CorrespondenceFor any correspondence and enquiries on the Online Admission Application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your Application Number and PIN Number.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…