The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has cancel its new policy adopted on July 14 to re-signed candidates to universities.
JAMB’s Public Relation Officer, Mr. Benjamin Fabian who promulgate this to schoolwatch.com.ng grapevine said: ”Candidates should go and write the post-UTME in their institutions of first choices.”
He, however noted that after the post-UTME in their universities of first choice, if necessary, JAMB is still going to redistribute them.
He said: “When they write the post-UTME in the schools of their first choices, they may wish to consider the other places we have taken them to for admissions.
”The reason is that if they don’t get admission in their first choices institution, they will get in the second.”
He explained that JAMB’s effort in redistributing candidates was only geared towards helping candidates of over-subscribed institutions gain admission to other federal or state universities rather than wasting their scores.
You will recalled that JAMB had last week announced its new policy to redistributes candidates to universities other than their first choice.
The development which generated sharp criticism from stakeholders almost paralysed some of the most sought after universities in the country.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below….