JAMB 2016/2017 UTME Application Form Now On Sale. This is to inform the entire populace that the Joint Administration and matriculation Board, JAMB has set in motion registration for the 2016/2017 UTME Candidates. schoolwatch.com.ng grapevine gathered that the sales of application form for the 2016/2017 Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) will commence on Monday, 31st August, 2015 to Friday, 15th January, 2016 and the website closes on Tuesday, 19th January, 2016.
schoolwatch.com.ng grapevine scoope that, the portal will be opened to receive new application for the JAMB 2016 UTME exercise on 31st August,2015. Website for online registration closes on Tuesday, 19th January, 2016.
JAMB 2016/2017 UTME Application Form Now On Sale
General Entry Requirements
>The general entry requirements approved for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND) National Innovation Diploma (NID), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
>>Please note that a matriculated student in any university is not eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
Entry by Direct Application (DE)
>Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
>A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E, and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE, NTC/NBC. No subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
>Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits – equivalent in three other subjects (Subject to University Requirements).
>>Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with SSCE, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A’Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
>>Candidates are to note they will be required to provide their registration number which they used in gaining admission into their NCE, Diploma etc.
Date and Venue for the 2016 Unified tertiary Matriculation Examination
The 2016 CBT will commence on Monday, 29th February to 14th March, 2016.
The venue of the examination will be at the candidates chosen town during on-line registration.
The registration period is Monday, 31st August, 2015 to Friday, 15th January, 2016 and the website closes on Tuesday, 19th January, 2016.
Registration fee for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination is Five Thousand Naira (N5,000) Candidates are also to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) only to obtain the textbook, “The Last Days at Forcados High School.” However, candidates will only be issued the book at the point of registration after showing evidence of payment. The Board has made arrangement to provide this book to avoid the challenge of availability and piracy as experienced in the last exercise. The Board will also sustain the last year’s regulated registration format where only our Computer Based Test (CBT) centres, state offices nationwide were authorised to register candidates. This is to avoid a situation where candidates are being exploited, prevent incidence of impersonation and other acts of malpractice.
The registration cards are available in the following Banks and NIPOST all over the country:
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- First Bank
- At the point of purchase of the e-registration scratch cards, the following documents shall be made available for collection by every candidate:
- Syllabus for the examination in soft copy.
- Guidelines on admission (Brochure) in soft copy detailing list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
- Please note that the items listed above are at NO EXTRA cost to the candidate, and writing materials and calculator will be made available to candidates on the day of the examination.
In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres will be allowed to register candidates.
- The registration fee, once paid is non- refundable.
- Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is On-line (via internet) and all applicants are advised to register by themselves. All required information must be provided.
- Applicants are advised to read and understand the instructions on how to complete the online registration before visiting any CBT centre,
- Candidates should study the guidelines on admission before registration.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another scratch card.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- Candidates can access the Board’s website on: www.jamb.org.ng for registration using the registration scratch card. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period through any of the accredited and authorised CBT centres.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general book.
- “The Last Days at Forcados High School.” by A. H. Mohammed,
- Candidates are to note that there will be no extension of the date of registration.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…