The University of Nigeria Nsukka(UNN) provides an avenue which allows students (admitted students) to make a switch to the departments of their choice withing the first two years of the study programme in the school.
Few steps to take this direction is listed below. Although the changes for this year is not open yet until after the 2012/2013 admission, interested candidates are required to take note of these steps.
1. Application for change of degree programme should bereceived at the end of each session.
The processing of the application should be completed not later than one month from the beginning of the new session.
2. Students who wish to change their degree programme should pay a non-refundable fee of N5000.00(five thousand naria) at Nsukka and Enugu branches of Union Bank Plc.
Payment of the change of degree application fee should be completed within 2 weeks from the beginning of the session.
3. The Bank will provide the payment schedule to the Admissions office for processing.
4. The admissions office will confirm the students’ qualifications for the new departments and process the application the usual way for only the students listed in the payment schedule.
5. The movement of the forms from the Admissions office to the Faculties and back should be done in batches together with the list of students concerned and the payment schedule.
Students should not be involved in the movement of the forms.
6. At the end of the stipulated period, only those who have completed the process will be registered in their new departments.
There will be no carry over of the process to another session.
7. For a student to change to another department, he/she must make the minimum GPA of 1.00.
Each department will determine the acceptable cut off GPA for change of degree programme, into the department.