Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo Home Management Laboratory

Filed in UNIVERSITY OF UYO by on January 10, 2015 0 Comments

Report reaching HQ has it that In the early hours of today being the 10th day of January, 2015 marks a fire out break on main camp of the university of Uyo at about 6am.. grapevine  gathered that the fire out break took place at the home management lab close to the exams and records block. A female 200-level student of Law at Uniuyo who does not want her name in print confirmed the fire outbreak. Speaking with grapevine, she said, “there was an exploition whether from gas or the electric pool, all I know was that there was fire outburst which claimed students credentials

According to the most affected casualty, he explains and weeps as he narrates to grapevine how he ran to rescue people in the hall close to the place of exploition and then returns to find himself right in the fire. According to him, when the fire began to burn he thought of running out to save his life but that was when he remembered that his course mates and others where in the other hall, he ran to shut the door linking to where the fire may penetrate to them, on his way running out the fire blocked him which made him sustain some burns in obvious parts such as the face, hands as well as loosing all his credentials e.t.c.

Further speaking, the 200 level- law student said, “As for me, after dinner I went to school with him (the casualty who is also my neighbor) to read in his department because he told me his department is very conducive, at a time I began to feel strange, then I decided to leave, I left for home immediately prayed and slept. At about 1am it was terrible, a severe stomach bite and nuasea attacked me, upon throwing up my tummy was swelling, the more I throw up the more swollen it becomes. Then I called my female neighbor and told it to her, she tried with all the first aid she brought but all to no avail, finally another of my neighbor who owns a car was called on for a ride to uniuyo clinic. I was there lying when the fire incedent occurred and almost got to the clinic when the fire service intervened. As he ran into the ward we met with surprise again all in clinical admission.

He was burnt that if one does not take a careful look at him, one might not be able to recognise him. But my question is, why is it that these emergencies happen to both of us from the same compound and on the same day. Well, I thank God who quickened me to leave that place at that time I was feeling strange, lest, I would have been counted among the burnt beings today. Am grateful to God.
As at the time of filing this report, no life was lost in the inferno, an official response from the university officials said some students who received bruises as a result of the fire outbreak were immediately taken to the university clinic for treatment.
Stay updated with all Nigeria University news, Polytechnic news, Post-Utme, Jamb Results and more; Join/Like Us now on Facebook and Twitter

Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below….




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *