The management of Federal Polytechnic, Nekede invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into full- time Higher National Diploma (HND) for the 2016/2017 academic session in the following areas:
1.) School of Business and Management Technology (SBMT)
Banking and Finance (BF)
Purchasing & Supply (PS)
Office Technology and Management (OTM)
Public Administration (PA)
Co-operative Economics and Management (CEM)
2.) School of Engineering Technology (SET)
Agricultural/Bio Environmental Engineering
Farm Power & Machinery Engineering (option)
Soil/Water Resources (option)
Civil Engineering (CE)
Structural Engineering (option)
Transportation Engineering (option)
Electrical Electronics Engineering (EE)
Instrumentation and Control (option)
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Manufacturing Engineering (option)
Power & Plant (option)
3.) School of Environmental Design & Technology (SEDT)
Building Technology (BT)
Estate Management (EM)
Urban & Regional Planning (URP)
Quantity Surveying (QS)
Surveying & Geo-informatics (SUG)
4. School of Industrial and Applied Sciences (SlAT)
Food Technology (FT)
Computer Science (CS)
Science Laboratory Technology (SLT)
Environmental Biology (option)
Library & Information Science (LIS)
Fisheries Technology (FIT)
5.) School Of Humanities & Social Sciences (SHSS)
Mass Communication (MC)
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes are as follows:
- Candidates are required to possess National Diploma in their chosen programme from recognized/accredited Polytechnic or Monotechnic.
- Candidates are also to possess at least five (5) relevant O’level credits including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in WAEC/NECO or NABTEB (O’level Examinations).
- Candidates are required to have at least one year or two years post National Diploma Industrial Training Experience.
- Four Years Degree Programme The requirements for students seeking admission into four years degree programme in B.Sc.(Ed.) B.A. (Ed.) and B.Ed. in the Faculty of education are same as for those entering into the University. These are any five credit passes that must include English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics depending on the course of study. Please consult the handbook of the department of your choice for detailed admission reguirements. The Faculty accept two sittings, in the SSCE, WASC, GCE O/L, NECO or Teachers’ Grade II Certificate.
- Direct Entry Candidates seeking admission into three year degree programme through direct admission must possess:
- Advance Level Passes in two relevant subjects
- A merit pass at the NCE level from any College of Education recognized by the Federal Ministry of Education.In addition, candidates under 2a and b must possess at least a credit pass in three other subjects in SSCE, WASC, GCE O/L, NECO or Credit/Merit pass in Teachers’ Grade Two Certificate.
- At least a merit pass in Diploma of any Polytechnic or any University or higher institution of learning recognized for awarding diploma certificate. In addition to the above, candidates must possess at least credit pass in three subjects including English Language at the SSCE,WASC, GCE O/L, NECO, or Credit/Merit at Teachers’ Grade Two Certificate.
- All candidates seeking admission into the Faculty must have passed both JAMB and post UTME exams of the University of Calabar.
It is also important to NOTE that any false data entry during the on-line registration will lead to disqualification of the candidates at any time such is discovered.
Application Closing Date
12:00am midnight; Thursday, 30th June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the following link; http://www.fpno.edu.ng/
- When the page opens click on “Students” depending on your interest, choose either HND or ND to proceed
- Fill your Bio-data in the form and generate an invoice, print or copy out the invoice number, (you can do this on your mobile phone
- Proceed to any bank of your choice and make a payment of N7,500.00 on Remita platform, Account No. 0140468461017, using your invoice number. You can also choose to make your payment using your VERVE, VSA or MASTER CARD. If you choose the card payment option, you will be asked to fill the card details for the payment to be processed immediately.
- Return to Federal Polytechnic, Nekede portal and complete your application process. Submit your data as requested and print out your acknowledgment slip. If you process your payment using your card, you will return to the portal immediately to print your receipt and acknowledgment slip.
Note: Applicants can start and complete this process from any location in the country. It is therefore advisable to minimize journeys to Owerri for the purpose of completing the form.