Covenant University Begins Admission Into Full/Part-Time Post-Graduate Programmes For 2015/2016 Session
Opportunities exist for suitably qualified candidates for postgraduate training leading to the award of the Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees at Covenant University on both full and part-time basis.
Covenant University is the leading Private institution in Nigeria committed to raising a new generation of leaders. The University’s serene and green environment, state-of-the art facilities, the virtual library and a crop of distinguished faculty provide necessary incentives for effective learning and research.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
A candidate seeking admission to the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programme must be a graduate of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a minimum of Third Class honours degree, in the same subject discipline, or in a related discipline. Holders of the Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit as well as holders of relevant professional qualifications may be considered. The duration of study for the award of the PGD is 12 months for full-time and 18 months for part-lime programmes. For PGD programmes in Engineering, the duration of study is 24 months for full time and 36 months for part-time programmes. Part-time lectures take place on Saturdays, between 9.00am – 5.00pm.
A candidate seeking admission to the Master’s Degree Programme of Covenant University must be a graduate of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division).
The duration of full-time study for the award of the Master’s degree is 18 months (3 semesters), while for the part-time, the duration is 30 months (5 semesters).
A candidate seeking admission to the direct Ph.D Degree Programme of Covenant University must have obtained a Master’s of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a CGPA of 4.0 or 60%. Candidates that have obtained a CGPA below 4.0 but had 3.5 and above (or 55 %) will be considered for the M. Phil/Ph.D. The M.Phil/Ph.D programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph.D since Covenant University does not award the M.Phil degree. The coursework for the direct Ph.D is for one semester while for the M.Phil/Ph.D, it is for two semesters.
The duration of full-time study for the award of the Ph.D degree is 3 years, while the part-time is 5 years. Candidates are also to note that for all cases (PGD, Master’s and Ph.D) there are other requirements that may be specific to a C o l l e g e a n d / o r a P r o g r a m m e . Postgraduate Programmes available in the four Colleges of the University are as follows:
A COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
- PGD /M.Sc/Ph.D Accounting
- A) P os s es si on of r el e va nt f i na l professional certificates such as ICAN, ACCA, CPA may be considered as an enhancement of admission chances. In any case, no applicant without a first Degree will be considered for admission.
- DEPARTMENT OF BANKING & FINANCE
- PGD /M.Sc/Sc-CIBN/Ph.D/ Banking & Finance
- DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D Business Administration
- PGD /M.Sc/Ph.D Marketing
- Sc/Ph.D Industrial Relations & Human Resources Management
- DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS & DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- PGD/M.Sc /Ph.D/Demography & Social Statistics
5 . D E P A R T M E N T O F M A S S COMMUNICATION
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D Mass Communication
- Sc/Ph.D Sociology
B COLLEGE OF LEADERSHIP &DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
- PGD Education and Human Development
- MA/P h . D Couns ell i ng
- Sc/Ph.D Psychology
In addition to general counselling courses, successful candidates could specialize in any of the following areas:
- Forensic Counselling
- Career Counselling
- Marriage and Family Counselling
- Substance Abuse Counselling
- Rehabilitation Counselling
There will be a supervised practice for 3 months in a n y o f t h e f o l l o w i n g s e t t i n g s hospitals/rehabilitation centres/social work/schools. This is mandatory for all students.
- DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/ International Relations
- PGD /M.Sc/Ph.D/ Political Science
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/Policy and Strategic Studies
- PGD /M.Sc/Ph.D/Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) Options:
- Public Policy and Administration Personnel Management
- DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGES & GENERAL STUDIES
- A/Ph.D English Language/Literature
- COLLEGE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- PGD/Applied Biology & Biotechnology
- Sc/Ph.D/ Biology
- PGD Biochemistry& Molecular Biology
- Sc/Ph.D/ Biochemistry
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/ Microbiology
- DEPARTMENTOF CHEMISTRY
- Sc/Ph.D/ Chemistry
- Sc Industrial Chemistry
- Sc Environmental Chemistry
- Sc Analytical Chemistry
- DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER & INFORMATION SCIENCES
- PGD/M .Sc/Ph.D/ Computer Science
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/ Management
- Information Systems
- 4. DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
- 5. DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- Sc/Ph.D/ Physics Options:
- Atmospheric &Communication Physics
- Renewable Energy and Material Physics
- Radiation and Health Physics
- Applied Geophysics
6 DEPARTMENT OF ARCHITECTURE
- DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & INFORMATION ENGINEERING.
- PGD/M.Eng/Ph.D/Information & Communications Engineering
- PGD/M.Eng/Ph.D/Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- PGD/M.Eng/Ph.D/Computer Engineering
- DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- PGD/M.Eng/Ph.D/Mechanical Engineering
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Industrial experience within and outside Nigeria
|· Dual||degree programmes in conjunction|
|with||our collaborating foreign Universities|
Selection Process: All candidates will be required to undergo a selection process including a written test and an oral interview.
Candidates are expected to produce evidence of academic qualifications and academic transcripts before admission can be finalized.
All prospective candidates are expected to submit a 250 word statement of intent in their proposed research areas.
All documents and completed forms should be submitted latest by June 29, 2015.
PROCEDURE FOR ON LINE APPLICATION
Log on to the Covenant University School of Postgraduate Studies Website,
sps.covenantuniversity.edu.ng Locate the 2015/2016 postgraduate admissions link, where you would be required to follow the steps outlined below:
- Create a personal account for your Admission process (Note: Do not use the password to your private email)
- After a successful creation of the account, login to the account and complete the online form.
- The payment page is displayed by clicking on the submit button after you have successfully completed the online form.
- The cost of the application form plus N900 or N600 (Online or Bank) transaction charge is N12,400/12,100 (Twelve Thousand Four Hundred or Twelve Thousand One Hundred Naira).
- All Payments are to be made online on the payment page, you are expected to select the card payment option before you can proceed.
- Card Payment via the Internet: You can make payment from the comfort of your location using your ATM card.
- After a successful fee payment, you are expected to upload your passport, after which your application number is displayed (please copy it).
COVENANT UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship and Real Estate.
- Availability of Professional Certifications (ACCA, CIBN etc) in addition to the degrees
- DEPARTMENT OF BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
|·||M.Sc/Ph.D/Building Technology||Mr. Olurnuylwa Vincent|
|(Construction Management)||Secretary, PG School|
- 8. DEPARTMENT OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D/Estate Management
D COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- PGD/M.Eng/ Chemical Engineering
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- PGD/M.Eng/ Petroleum Engineering
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…