Bayero University Management Committee (UMC) during a meeting held on Tuesday 23rd December, 2013, proposed an adjustment to the 2012/2013 academic session calendar to the Senate, which will consider it early in January, 2014.
Under the proposed adjustment to the calendar for the 2012/2013 session, students will be expected back at the University Campuses with effect from 1st January, 2014.
It said lectures will commence on 2nd January, 2014 and end on 18th January, 2014, while first semester examinations will begin on Monday 20th January and end on Saturday, 1st February, 2014.
The adjusted calendar also showed that, second semester lectures will begin from Monday 3rd February, to Saturday 26th April, 2014.
Second semester examinations will start on Monday 28th April to Saturday 10th May, 2014, while the session break will last from Sunday 11th May to Sunday 30th June, 2014.
This revised timetable for completing the 2012/2013 session is therefore subject to Senate consideration and approval.
S/n Date Activity
1. Wednesday, 1st January, 2014— Students expected back at University
2 . Thursday, 2nd to Saturday, 18th January, 2014—Completion of First Semester Lectures (2½ weeks)
3. Monday, 20th January, to Saturday, 1st February, 2014—
First Semester Examinations (2 weeks)*
4. Monday, 3rd February to Saturday, 26th April, 2014—
Second Semester Lectures (12 weeks)
5. Monday 28th April to Saturday 10th May, 2014— Second Semester Examinations (2 weeks)*
6. Sunday 11th May to Sunday, 30th June, 2014—End-of-Session Break (7 weeks)
7. Monday 1st July, 2014— Commencement of 2013/2014
Senate Business Committee (SBC) to work out the time tables for the consideration of Examinations Results for First and Second Semesters.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…