ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death

Filed in EDUCATION NEWS by on November 19, 2015 0 Comments

The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University has been thrown into mourning following the electrocution of a 25-year-old student , Michael Loya. grapevine gathered that the student was electrocuted while trying to spread wet clothes on a naked wire in his compound at Gentle Villa, Gwallameji.

But Police Public Relation Officer of Bauchi State command, DSP Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed the incident, asserted that Loya was electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally in his compound.

He said the Police patrol team attached to Yelwa Division visited the scene and rushed the victim to Federal Polytechnic Medical Centre, Bauchi, for treatment but was certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor.

He stated further that preliminary inquiry revealed that the victim might have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally to his compound.

According to Mohammed, the corpse has been deposited at ATBU Teaching Hospital, mortuary for post-mortem examination.

Stay updated with all Nigeria University news, Polytechnic news, Post-Utme and more; Join/Like Us now on Facebook and Twitter

Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below….





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *