APPLICATION OF THE B.Sc. AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEGREE AT UNILORIN IN THE 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION OPEN NOW!
The University of Ilorin welcomes applications from candidates seeking admission into the B.Sc. Agricultural Extension and Community Development degree in the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ilorin for the 2012/2013 academic session.
1. At least 5 O-level WAEC, SSCE, GCE Credits at not more than two sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and any other three from Biology orAgriculture, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics, Food and Nutrition and Home Management.
2. A Higher National Diploma (HND or equivalent) in Agriculture or related field of study with a minimum of lower credit from a recognized institution in Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Food Science, Home Economics, Fishery, Forestry and Wildlife, etc;
3. Must have worked for at least three years and have been distinguished as a field extension professional as assessed by his/her employer (s); and
4. In addition, JAMB Direct entry form would have to be paid for by the candidates.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
1. train mid-career extension and rural development professionals in specialized technical areas along the entire agricultural value chain ;
2. improve the effectiveness of grassroots extension and community development professionals involved in the development programmes in Nigeria; and
3. upgrade the academic and professional qualifications of extension and community development professionals by equipping them with up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge applicable in the field.
MATURE OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME.
The mid-career Extension and Community Development professionals are to be exposed to the issues involved in value addition to agricultural products.
These candidates are expected to possess Higher National Diploma (HND), in addition to the O’level requirements.
The entry point is at the 300 level.
The Programme is a six Semester type. The students will be expected to specialize in any of the value addition options in their 500 level. This final year activity is the Supervised Enterprises Projects ( SEP s), which covers both the Harmattan and Rain Semesters.
Application forms can be obtained online at the University of Ilorin website (www.unilorin.edu.ng) after payment of a non refundable fee of TEN THOUSAND (N10, 000.00K) NAIRA only as instructed in the website.
The application closes by March 15, 2013.
Share this information with your friends