Candidates who scored 180 and above in the 2016 UTME and the general public are hereby notified that the Akwa Ibom State University portal will open for registration from (Wednesday 5th of October to Friday, 28th of October 2016).
Direct Entry candidates who wish to be considered for admission into Akwa Ibom State University for the 2016/2017 academic session and who must have obtained Direct-Entry form from JAMB, are also eligible and must apply online for the screening exercise.
REGISTRATION FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
All UTME and Direct Entry candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise using the following procedure:
Visit http://aksu.edu.ng/portal/ to generate Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, by following the steps below:
- Click on REGISTER NOW LINK in the Login Page.
- Select ENTRANCE icon.
- Click the REGISTER NOW tab.
- Carefully type-in your 2016 UTME or Direct-Entry registration number
- (a) For UTME candidates, supply your bio-data using the form provided and click the VERIFY button. Note that any candidate that supplies any false or in-correct information will automatically be disqualified.
(b) For Direct-Entry candidates, supply your 2016 DE registration number and click the VERIFY button.
- Click MAKE PAYMENT LINK, select BANK OPTION and print the Pre -Payment Analysis Slip.
- With the Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, visit any of the participating banks listed on the bottom of the slip and request to make stipulated payment for AKSU Screening fee using e-Transact Payment Platform.
- Re-visit the University portal (after paying at the Bank) to confirm your payment as well as to complete the Registration Form.
(1) There will be NO extension period for registration after Friday, 28th October 2016.
(2) Screening date for candidates will be communicated via SMS and email after the end of the registration period.
(3) It is important you provide a functional telephone number and email address during the registration process
(4) Candidates are to appear for screening exercise with the following:
(a) 2016 UTME result slip showing the candidate’s photograph in colour. (DE candidates should provide their JAMB DE registration slip).
(b) Photocopies of credentials and result checking scratch card (NECO, WAEC, NABTEB, as the case may be) or O’Level examination registration slip (for candidates awaiting result). Candidates are advised to purchase genuine WAEC, NECO and NABTEB result scratch cards from e-library of the University (main campus) on their respective screening dates.
(c) Quarto sized envelope with Name, desired Course of Study and UTME/DE registration number boldly written on it.
(d) Four (4) recent coloured passport-size photograph. NOTE: The Photograph uploaded/presented will be the only valid Identification for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in Akwa Ibom State University. Application for change of passport photograph by candidates offered provisional admission shall not be allowed. This same passport photograph, uploaded by such candidates would be used on their degree certificates.
(f) Copy of Certificate of origin from the Local Government.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share butt