ADMISSIONS FORMS INTO FUTA ADVANCED BASIC SCIENCE (UABS) PROGRAMME FOR 2013/2014 ACADEMIC SESSION NOW ON SALE.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into a two-year University Advanced Basic Science (UABS) Programme of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. (FUTA)
The UABS Programme is designed to prepare candidates for direct entry admission into 200 level undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Federal University of Technology, Akure and other Universities within and outside the country.
During the programme, candidates will in addition to the Internal UABS Examinations be eligible to register for:
i. Advanced Level Cambridge InternationalExamination (CIE).
ii. 1-year Coaching for the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination.
Candidates should possess five Credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB at not more than two sittings in relevant subjects from English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics, and Geography depending on their proposed course of study.
Candidates must satisfy the admission criteria of the Department of choice and must have sat and passed the entrance examination to the University Advanced Basic Science Programme.
ADMISSIONS COULD BE SOUGHT INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS IN FUTA:
i. School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
ii. School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
iii. School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
iv. School of Environmental Technology (SET)
1. School of Management Technology (SMT)
2. School of Sciences (SOS)
Limited accommodation will be available on first come first served basis.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
1. Candidates are to pay application fee of ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transactplatform in any bank that is on e-transact platform.
1. Candidates are to complete and print the UABS Application Form online after payment by logging on to the Federal University of Technology, Akure’s website futa.edu.ng and click on the online UABS Application Form.
1. Submit the Online application form and print out a copy.
1. The application opens on Monday, 13 th May, 2013 and closes on Monday, 22 nd July, 2013.
1. All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the e-test venue:
i) Depositor’s copy of bank teller(s) indicating payment of TEN THOUSAND NAIRA (N10,000.00) Application Fee in candidates name.
ii) Completed Application Form (downloaded from the FUTA website).
iii) e-test scheduling slip which must contain a registration number.
iv) Copy of e-transact receipt obtained from the bank.
1. The venue of e-test exercise is the Electronic Test Centre (eTC) “Obakekere Campus” Federal University of Technology, Akure.
2. Candidates are NOT allowed to bring cell phones or electronic gadget(s) into the e-test hall.
3. Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the computer based e-test will NOT be considered for admission.
4. Candidates are requested in their own interest to have a feel of (practice) the computer based test by visiting test.jketc.net
5. The underlisted helplines could be contacted for clarification on issue bordering on the
e-test: 08164487268; 07052976224 and 08165661045.
Candidates must perform to a satisfactory level in a Computer-Based qualifying test to be conducted on Friday 2 nd August, 2013 at 9:00 am at the e-Test Centre,Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State.
Candidates are expected to visit the website of the Federal University of Technology, Akure www.futa.edu.ng for the results of the qualifying test as from Wednesday, 7 th August, 2013.
The programme is full-time, residential and will run for two academic sessions of Four (4) Semesters.
REGISTRATION AND COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES:
Screening and registration of successful candidates begin on Monday, 12 th August, 2013 while lectures commence on Monday, 19 th August, 2013.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to futa.edu.ng not later than Monday, 22 nd July, 2013.
Don’t forget to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below…